Gas masks are reminders of a painful past, suffered by many, and are symbolic of the fascinating conflicts and hostilities of war. A mask collector may have an interest in the world wars, battle strategies, gun facts and other war memorabilia. If you are a collector, keeping your collection clean is essential.
Here are the top tips for gas mask cleaning: sendusmasks coupon
• Gas masks should always be displayed in a cool dry place, or stored in a clean case.
• If you are giving your antique collection the full valet, make sure that you have disassembled all the parts. Detach the hood from the face mask, and remove the eye guards and nose guards. Doing so means that you can get into all the nooks and crannies when starting your clean.
• The hood can be cleaned easily using a damp cloth – use warm water so that any dirt comes loose as you wipe.
• Eye guards can be dusted off with a dry cloth.
• Nose guards, snorkel pieces, and the face mask need to be soaked in warm water. If you want to eliminate germs, add a bit of household bleach.
• Once you have thoroughly soaked and washed all the parts, pat them dry with a clean cloth, then let them dry off completely in a cool, dry area.
• If you just want to give your mask collection a quick dust down, avoid household products and supermarket cleaning solutions. Use a duster to brush away any loose dust and dirt.